This is the time of year that we’re all shopping for a special gift for family, friends, and maybe your favorite gardener. We don’t know about you but sometimes it is difficult to pick just the right thing and so we thought we might provide you with some assistance. We’re trying to keep these ideas simple and general in nature so that you can find what you’re looking for here at Blooming Secrets or another store if you opt to go there.
Here are our suggestions for you:
- Gifts for Bird or Butterfly and Bee Lovers - Birding is a very popular hobby and one you can enjoy both indoors and outdoors. If your gift recipient is interested in birding you might try our Blue Bird House or a Bird Feeder both handmade by an Amish craftsman and constructed from recycled materials. If they favor butterflies why not give them a Butterfly House which provides shelter from spring and summer storms. For those interested in helping Pollinators, consider our Bee House or Bee Block. You might also consider a good pair of binoculars or make a charitable donation to the Audubon Society on their behalf.
- Give the Gift of Seeds - Year after year subscribers to our website cite growing plants from seeds as one of the top topics that they are interested in. We offer several seed kits that you might want to consider this year. Our Scatter Garden seeds have been formulated to attract Hummingbirds, Honeybees, and Butterflies. We also have grow kits for gardeners interested in growing plants that can be made into tea. Our growing wishes kit is for gardeners interested in growing beautiful flowers. We also feature hydroponic flower grow kits with seeds for Zinnia and English Daisy flowers.
- Give your Gardener a Hand - Every gardener can use a new pair of gardening gloves or a gardening tool. We can personally vouch for the effectiveness of the Atlas 370 gloves as we have used them ourselves and love them! They also were the top gardening glove recommended by New York Magazine in a survey they did with professional gardeners. The Dirty Little Digger is a popular multi-purpose hand tool made of stainless steel with a comfortable handle. Items such as these make great stocking stuffers too!
- Indoor Herb Kits - There are a multitude of kits available for growing herbs. Our Modern Sprout Basil and Mint kit uses hydroponics to grow two of the most popular indoor herbs. This is a great gift for that gardener who can wait until spring to start their garden! We also have Organic Sage and Organic Basil kits.
- Gardening in Small Spaces - More and more people are renting or buying smaller homes such as condominiums. Just because they live in a small space doesn’t mean they can’t have a great garden. We’ve grown delicious Tomatoes, Cucumbers, and Peppers on our deck using Our Urban Gardening Kit. This coming year will be the 3rd year we’ll make use of it as well so you're giving someone the gift of gardening that will last for years.
These are just some suggestions of products that make great gifts for experienced gardeners or as a way to introduce gardening to someone who is a beginner. Please check out our website for other great gift ideas and post your gift ideas on our Facebook page so others can take advantage of them too!